Volvo Ocean Race Recruitment Support
We delivered a fast, effective and seamless recruitment solution to support racing yacht construction for the Volvo Ocean Race.
- In 2012, a leading yacht supplier was one of the three companies awarded the contract to carry out the build and construction of a Volvo Ocean 65-foot racing yacht.
- Existing staff skillset was not at a sufficient level to carry out the project.
- Due to the tight deadlines, the VHR Marine recruitment team was asked to provide a fast, seamless and yet cost-effective technical consultancy services solution which would comply with the strict Volvo Ocean Race quality expectations and approvals.
- Deployment of a team of skilled boat builders and composite technicians to provide technical consultancy services.
- VHR Marine services arranged flights to Italy, logistical support and accommodation options.
- All required documentation provided by the VHR Marine recruitment team for the quality department.
- Regular on-site and off-site coordination between our VHR Marine recruitment services account manager and the yacht supplier.
- Successful completion of the Volvo Ocean Race yacht build project.
- The Volvo Ocean Race yacht supplier referred VHR Marine services to other companies within the VO65 consortium.